Human Resources Director
BE THE CONNECTION.
Your role as Human Resources (HR) Director enables you to be the connection between your strong professional and interpersonal abilities and create a culture where employees and patients always come first. Apply your outstanding skills and knowledge in a meaningful way with Southwest Healthcare Services.
Southwest Healthcare Services is located in Bowman, North Dakota which is in the southwest corner of the state. We are located close to the beautiful badlands and close to the black hills. Our organization is comprised of six facilities which include a 35-bed critical access hospital, a rural health clinic, visiting nurse services, emergency ambulance service, 14 independent senior apartments, and a 12 unit assisted living facility.
Qualified candidates will receive competitive wages and benefits package.
To be responsible for the functioning of the Human Resources Department consistent with established statutory requirements, legal requirements, and policies approved by administration.
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the personnel department.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the personnel department.
- Ensure that the facility has qualified personnel available to provide the best service for patient comfort and convenience.
- Orient new personnel to the facility and explain personnel policies, procedures, payroll procedures, safety/smoking regulations, grievance procedures, etc., as established in our operational policies and procedures.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the cafeteria benefit plan.
- Maintain Workers Compensation, OSHA, and employee safety programs.
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in personnel administration, hospital administration or a related field required OR equivalent experience on a year-for-year basis required.
- One or more years of experience is required, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of HR plans, programs, and procedures related to compensation and benefits, staffing and workforce relations training, etc. that enables interpretation and application of organization policies
- Advanced PC skills including word excel etc
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of federal state and other regulatory standards related to various HR disciplines