* SIGN ON BONUS OPPORTUNITY *
Southwest Healthcare Services is seeking a qualified individual to join our Environmental Services department as a Maintenance Technician!
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for performing minor repairs and maintenance on equipment and supplies of this facility. Orders and requisition supplies from Central Supply when needed. Uses care and judgment in using supplies. Performs regular monthly maintenance checks of all equipment and supplies within the facility.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always maintain patient/resident and facility confidentiality.
- Treat patients/residents, visitors and coworkers with respect, dignity, and kindness.
- Provide quality care for our patients/residents to the utmost of our abilities and within the scope of our capacities.
- Complete the general facility orientation program and skills checklist within 14 days of employment including health screen, physical and immunizations.
- Complete the departmental orientation program and skills checklist within 90 days of employment.
- Participate in mandatory staff in-services and quality improvement studies.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of the job. Employees are expected to report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Comply with all facility requirements to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Perform specific job duties in the most economical manner possible.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility. Employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to our company’s operational policies and procedures.
- Be supportive of the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Perform other job-related tasks as required or requested by supervisor or administrator.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the building in good repair and kept free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems.
- Maintaining the building in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Maintaining the Fire Alarm, and Emergency Generator System in good working order. Performs tests on Fire Alarm and Emergency Generator System monthly and keeps required records of test results.
- Keeps heating and air-conditioning units in good working order.
- Performs monthly maintenance check of the building, grounds, and facilities.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair work.
- Coordinates maintenance work with other departments.
- Attends In-Service Education Programs monthly.
- Maintains the exterior grounds.
- Is subject to call back for emergencies.
- Paint and perform minor carpentry and repair work.
- Orders and requisitions supplies through Supervisor or from Central Supply.
- Participates in Fire Drills.
- Maintains required records and reports outlined in the polices and procedures of the Maintenance Department.
- May perform duties of washing windows and screens outside of the facility.
- Cares for lawns and walks.
- Handles and manipulates tools and equipment.
- Maintains the facilities in a safe and clean environment.
- Keeps work areas and storage rooms neat and orderly.
- Follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the Maintenance Department.
- Changes light bulbs and other tedious tasks.
- Inspects fire extinguishers monthly.
- Delivers laundry at least once a day, five days a week.
- Others as may be required or as requested from Facilities Management Director or Administrator.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, or older and completed at least the 10th grade of High School.
- At least one (1) year of experience is desired, but not necessary.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as being willing to handle residents and patients based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- May work in cramped quarters.
- The Maintenance worker stands, walks, stoops, kneels, bends and climbs inside and outside of the building.
- Subject to burns, falls, cuts and bruises.
- May be required to handle heavy objects and work in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Frequent standing, walking, full range of body movement, reaching, bending, and twisting.
- Occasional lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, climbing, and repetitive movement.
- Infrequent sitting.